The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and the Appropriate Body makes the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers’ Standards on the recommendation of the Headteacher/ Principal.
This service is built around the three main responsibilities of administration, quality assurance and supporting & monitoring. It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of NQTs. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure quality of this induction provision.
Cost to your school
For this administration only route the price is as follows:
£250 for each up to 3 NQTs.
Additional NQTs are charged at £50 per NQT
Core NQT Support Package
- Provide, collate and submit all appropriate assessment documentation
- Make decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs
- Calculate details for part time NQTs in relation to length of assessment period
- Give advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advise on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Provide opportunity for new Induction Tutors to attend a training session
- Provide NQT Induction Tutor information pack and NQT Handbook
- Provide a contact for NQTs in your school if they have any grievance
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teachers’ Standards
- Provide access to up-to-date guidance documents
We can also provide schools with NQT Mentor training in July for new mentors or mentors new to Ringwood School Appropriate Body work.
This is included within the costs as stated above.
The training will cover all assessment points, suitable target setting, portfolio development and methods of supporting failing NQTs.
This can be delivered at Ringwood School or at your own establishment when convenient.
What do you need to do next?
Please contact Clare Adams at Ringwood School firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to discuss your own individual school’s needs.
All NQT registration documents will need to be recorded with the Appropriate Body by 17 July 2015 in order for them to be registered by September 2015 with the National College for Teaching and Leadership.